The world is currently upside down as its residents take on the onerous task of dealing with the Corona outbreak. There is a lot of panic and stress about our finances as people grasp to make fast cash for quarantine. Instead of focusing on the things we can’t control, which bring on even more stress, let’s have a look at ways you can boost your immune system against Corona!
We’re all aware by now that proper handwashing, respiratory hygiene, and social distancing are the keys. But let’s take it one step further by making a few small adjustments to strengthen our bodies against the threat.
Boost Your Immune System Against Corona – The Basics
We won’t go over hand washing, because by now, we all understand it’s the first step on how to protect from the corona. Always keep your hands clean, folks, and don’t touch your faces!
You should also:
- Quit smoking – If you ever needed a push in the right direction to quit smoking, here it is. Did you know that smokers have a much higher chance of contracting the Coronavirus? It’s true, the havoc you’ve wreaked on your respiratory system not only makes you more susceptible to catch the virus, but it also makes you more likely to suffer complications as well.
- Get enough sleep – One good thing about dealing with quarantine is that we can catch up on sleep. Most people do not get the proper amount of sleep needed to maintain optimum immune function. So, don’t feel about sleeping in; it’s helping you to boost your immune system against Corona.
- Exercise more- If you haven’t worked out for the day, you have no reason to be bored. A quick browse on Instagram or YouTube will give you tons of instructional videos on home workouts with minimal or no equipment. You have no excuse not to keep in shape.
Manage Your Stress
At a time like this, it’s normal to feel extra stress. The future might seem very uncertain, which can be nerve-wracking. However, having a breakdown is not going to fix anything. Find something you enjoy doing, that calms and relaxes you.
Here are a few stress-relieving activities you can do:
- Have sex – Sex improves your body’s ability to create protective antibodies against viruses and common illnesses. It’s also great for relieving stress, which is known to do the opposite and break down your antibodies. We can’t argue with science!
- If you don’t have a partner- Then the next best thing is a little self-love with the help of porn. Even if it does not produce the same immune-boosting chemicals that sex does, it will help with stress release.
- Go for a walk if possible or exercise- This will boost your endorphins and help you cope better with stress.
Eat a Healthy Diet
We are aware that food is a cause of concern in these times as well. But keep in mind that a healthy diet is the best way to build a strong and healthy body.
Consider the following supplements that assist to boost your immune system against Corona.
- Vitamin C & D